For use of the Oak Fellows services provided by Oakhouse Co., Ltd. (hereafter “Oakhouse”), please agree to the rules and provisions listed in this Agreement.
Article 1 (Regarding the Usage Agreement)
“Oak Fellows” is a registered membership service managed by Oakhouse. After a user has registered, the user can use the Oak Fellows services or other related services (hereafter “Services”).
This Usage Agreement (hereafter “Agreement”) shall apply to the relation between Oakhouse and those who use the Service (hereafter “Members”).
This Agreement establishes the usage conditions for the Services. By using the Services, Members agree to the contents of this Agreement.
Members shall agree to the conditions listed in this Agreement and any other types of rules (hereafter “Separate Provisions”) and use the Service. Furthermore, in the case where contents of this Agreement differ from the Separate Provisions, the Separate Provisions shall have priority.
Regarding the Agreement and Separate Provisions (hereafter collectively “These Agreements etc.”), Oakhouse can make changes to These Agreements etc. with its judgment at any time without any advance notice to the Member.
In the case where These Agreements etc. have been changed, excluding specially decided cases, the changes will be listed on the Oak Fellows site.
Article 2 (Definition of terms)
The meanings of the terms used in this Agreement are defined as follows.
“Oakhouse website” is the website operated by Oakhouse.
“Service” refers to the Oak Fellowsship services provided through the Oakhouse website, or other related services.
“Member” is the person who has registered as a user of the Service.
“Listing Company” is a business, group, etc. that lists information relevant to projects targeted at Members on the Oakhouse website or Oakhouse Application.
“PAO” or “PAO points” are points issued by Oakhouse in accordance with the Separate Provisions decided by Oakhouse, and can be accumulated by the Member.
“PAO-accepting houses” are share houses directly managed by Oakhouse at which there are no specific restrictions on the use of PAO. Houses accepting PAO can be confirmed on the Oakhouse website.
“Non-PAO-accepting houses” are houses at which PAO cannot be used.
“Member resident of non-PAO-accepting house” is an Oak Fellows living in a house that does not accept PAO.
“Non-resident members” are Members who do not live in a PAO-accepting house nor a non-PAO-accepting house.
“Oak Blogger” is a Member whose registered Membership is limited to Oakhouse residents and who has registered as an Oak Blogger and writes a blog hosted on the Oakhouse website (oakhouse.jp) regarding their lifestyle in their PAO-accepting share house and earns PAO per posting.
“Oak Agent” is a non-resident that has registered as an Oak Agent and who introduces new residents who wish to move in to a PAO-accepting house operated by Oakhouse to Oakhouse, and receives points upon a successful referral and move-in.
“Oak Pro” is a Member who has registered as an Oak Pro and who can receive employment information or temporary work requests provided by Oakhouse or Listing Companies on the Oakhouse website.
“Social App” is an event, workshop, seminar, lesson, etc. held in a space in a building operated by Oakhouse or a PAO-accepting house.
“Social App Sponsor” is a Member whose Membership is limited to Oakhouse residents who can use their skills or talents to hold a Social App for other Members.
“Oak Memories” is an Oak House Service whose Membership is limited to residents of an Oakhouse PAO-accepting house and those who have registered for Oak Memories and posts pictures and videos hosted on the Oakhouse website (oakhouse.jp) and its relevant SNS accounts regarding their lifestyle in the share house and earns PAO points per posting.
“Contents” are any information contained in data, writing, software, images, words, or audio.
“Member Information” is all the information that the Member provides to Oakhouse when registering as a Member or using the Services, including nickname, name, address, email address, password, ID, profile picture, work history, educational background, age, and sex.
Article 3 (Handling of Member Information)
- Members shall agree in advance to allow their information to be viewable to other members and listing companies to the extent necessary for the provision of these Oakhouse Services.
- Oakhouse may view and use without limit (including, but not limited to developing new Service functions and market research) information consisting of Member’s Services usage history (including, but not limited to PAO points used, application history to Member-targeted projects, status of joining Member-targeted projects, email sent or received status; same as below), or usage history and customer information that has been altered or compiled into statistical data or attribute information so that it cannot be identified as the personal information, and the Member shall consent.
Article 4 (Usage conditions of the Service)
- Persons who wish to use the Service shall carry out the Member application process in accordance with the manner prescribed by Oakhouse by means of their own intent and responsibility and having agreed to the contents of this Agreement.
- When the Member applies to register, it shall be sent via the Internet in a format decided by Oakhouse from the Services Member Information registration screen, and once the required information has been transmitted to Oakhouse, the Member shall be recognized as having registered as a Member. However, if the person applying for Membership has infringed upon the Agreement in the past, or if the person applying is deemed by Oakhouse to have a risk of infringing upon the Agreement, or Oakhouse has deemed it inappropriate to confer Membership to the person applying for any other reason, the registration may not be recognized.
- The person applying to become a Member shall input only the most up-to-date, honest and/or truthful personal information.
- If there are any changes to the Member’s personal information, the Member shall inform Oakhouse without delay in a format designated by Oakhouse.
- The Member can, under their own responsibility and management, make changes, additions, or alter the visibility of their personal information.
- Oakhouse can change, add, cease, or end (hereafter “Changes, etc.”) the Service for any reason at anytime. Oakhouse bears no responsibility for any damages that may result from Changes, etc. made to the Service.
Article 5 (Contract cancellation, suspension of service)
- In the case where the member’s actions are judged to apply to any of the following, Oakhouse may cancel membership without any prior warning.
- If you are posting inappropriate content
- If there is any fraud detected in the use of the ID or password
- If there are any actions that violate any of these rules
- If a non-resident Member has no login activity for 1 year
- If any other actions, etc. are judged to be improper by Oakhouse
- If a Member resident of either a PAO-accepting house or non-PAO accepting house infringes on any clauses listed in their fixed-term leasing contract
- If a Member resident of a PAO-accepting house becomes a non-resident Member, and the Member had been registered as an Oak Blogger or Oak Memories User, their registration for resident-only services shall be automatically terminated upon their move-out from a PAO-accepting house.
- If a Member resident of a PAO-accepting house transfers to a non-PAO-accepting house, and the Member had been registered as an Oak Blogger, Oak Agent, Social App Sponsor, or Oak Memories User, their registration for these services shall be automatically terminated upon their formation of a contract at the non-PAO-accepting house.
- If a non-resident Member moves in to a non-PAO-accepting house, and the Member had been registered as an Oak Agent or Social App Sponsor, their registration for these services shall be automatically terminated upon their formation of a contract at the non-PAO-accepting house.
Article 6 (Registered email address and password)
- Members must register a valid email address that they possess, and if the registered email address is no longer under their control, they must change it to another valid email address.
- If the Member changes their registered email address, the Member must register the new email address through the Oakhouse website.
- Members shall bear all responsibility for preventing unauthorized use of their registered email address and password.
- Members cannot transfer their registered email address and/or password to a third party, nor allow them to use the email and password.
- Oakhouse bears no responsibility for any damages that may result from use of the registered email address and password by a third party.
Article 7 (Membership withdrawal)
- A non-resident Member can withdraw from Membership by making a withdrawal application by the method designated by Oakhouse. Once the data has been received by Oakhouse, the withdrawal of Membership shall be recognized. In such case, Oakhouse bears no responsibility for continued possession of the Member registered information or contents.
- Members who reside in a PAO-accepting or non-PAO accepting house can withdraw from Oak Fellowsship only when the Member becomes a non-resident.
Article 8 (Maintenance of usage environment)
- The Member shall prepare their own equipment, software, means of communication, etc. necessary for connecting to and using the Services at their own expense and responsibility.
- Members are responsible for taking security measures to prevent computer viruses, unauthorized access, information leaks, etc. in their own usage environment.
- Oakhouse shall not be involved in the Member’s usage environment and bears no responsibility for it.
Article 9 (Copyright of Contents)
- In the case where copyright is applicable to Contents that the Member has provided to Oakhouse, the copyright for the copyrightable item shall be reserved by the Member. In such case, Oakhouse can use Contents provided by the Member and made public on the Services on the Oakhouse website unexclusively worldwide free of charge for purposes of promotion, smooth provision of Services, improvement, maintenance, or other actions necessary for management of the Service (including second-party use and third-party use designated by Oakhouse). Also, the Member shall not exercise author’s personal rights over use of the contents by a third party designed by Oakhouse as listed in this Article.
- Oakhouse can use all Contents provided to Oakhouse by the Member and sites in cooperation with Oakhouse unexclusively worldwide free of charge after taking measures to prevent the identification of personal data or services.
Article 10 (Prohibited Member conduct)
The Member shall not perform any action from the list below, or actions that foster the actions below, or any action that may contribute to the performance of the actions below.
- Actions that violate this Agreement
- Actions that violate laws and ordinances or public order and morals
- Illegal activity, criminal activity, or actions that suggest, induce, promote, or otherwise endorse anti-social activities
- Actions that infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, or intellectual property rights of Oakhouse, its listing companies, a Member, or a third party
- Actions that infringe upon the property, trust, honor, or privacy of Oakhouse, its listing companies, a Member or a third party
- Listing false registration information that differs from the truth
- Stalking or otherwise harassing (noise, smell, etc.) of a third party, regardless of legality
- Actions that have been judged by Oakhouse as posting of information regarding meeting of the opposite sex or requesting or inducing meeting (excluding cases where Oakhouse grants permission)
- Political or religious activity (excluding actions given permission by Oakhouse)
- Sending or posting of the following types of Contents
- Expressions that are false or invite misunderstanding
- Expressions that glorify, encourage, or induce, etc. or could potentially glorify, encourage, or induce, etc. suicide, suicidal actions, or drug abuse, etc.
- Expressions that are deemed to be discriminatory toward ethnicity, race, gender, sexual orientation, age, etc.
- Expressions, photographs, video, illustrations, etc. that expose obscene images of the chest, buttocks, or sexual organs
- Expressions of violence, violent or grotesque images, or images or words that cause discomfort
- Listing of sites deemed to be inappropriate by Oakhouse that are pornographic sites, click fraud, include viruses, or induce users to download malicious software (including the simple posting of links)
- Correspondence that attempts to persuade a third party into joining a pyramid scheme, answer a chain mail, participate in multi-level marketing, pay-to-surf, etc.
- Spam activity as outlined below
- Spam posting/spam mail: one or more Members writing the exact same or extremely similar posting or email
- Spam words: one or more Members including many words or phrases in a posting that are unrelated, or similar long texts or a large volume of these words in a post or email
- Spam URL: one or more Members posting or emailing the same URL
- Impersonating Oakhouse or another person
- Ceasing participation in a Member-targeted project without a justifiable reason, or providing false or inaccurate information that causes trouble for Oakhouse, Members, or listing companies
- Off-site recruitment activities for Member-targeted projects
- If after receiving and responding to an invitation to a Member-targeted project by a listing company, printing out or showing the invitation screen to a third party
- Use of the Service for the purpose of commercialization (excepting uses with Oakhouse permission)
- Actions that cause loss to Oakhouse or others’ servers, or actions that damage the operation of the Services, network, or system
- Sending or posting of computer viruses, etc. or other harmful computer programs
- Other actions judged by Oakhouse to be inappropriate
Article 11 (Response to violations, etc.)
- If it is judged by Oakhouse that the Member has violated the terms of this Agreement, Oakhouse may take the following action(s) against the Member. However, Oakhouse is not liable.
- Request the ceasing of actions, etc. that violate the Agreements and that the action not occur again
- Revise the violating Contents by deletion or some other method
- Disclose the violations inside/outside the Services (including notification of police or other public agency in case of a crime)
- Temporarily suspend use of the Services
- Expel the Member from Membership
- Even in a case in which loss or damage occurs due to the implementation of the above, Oakhouse shall not bear any responsibility. Also in accordance with this Article, Oakhouse will not field any questions or complaints regarding these responses.
Article 12 (Oakhouse exemptions)
- Oakhouse shall not bear responsibility for loss incurred by the Member that is attributable to natural disaster, force majeure, or a third party (including but not limited to 1), server failure due to virus or hacking, system error, data leak, damaged or incorrect information listing; 2), data leak due to Member operational error, damage, loss of employment opportunity, or 3), change to Oakhouse system environment or flaw in system).
- Oakhouse shall make efforts to but not guarantee the fidelity, currency, or certainty of information provided by listing companies or Members, or information provided by Oakhouse.
- The Member shall take their own responsibility to save, manage, and backup their posts or Membership information. Even in a case in which information or posts edited or posted on the Services by the Member are deleted or altered, Oakhouse bears no responsibility for their recovery.
- Oakhouse shall present the Oakhouse Website or Oakhouse applications as-is, and shall not guarantee the non-infringement, marketability, completeness, or usefulness of intellectual property rights or other rights of a third party including compatibility for specified purposes regardless of revelation or specification. If in the chance that the Oakhouse Website or Oakhouse application is found to have some fault, Oakhouse will be diligent in fixing the error; however, Oakhouse bears no responsibility for damages that may come to the Member as a result of the fault.
- Member uses the Service with the understanding that Oakhouse cannot guarantee any effects of the Service, such as searches, possible communication, joining Member-targeted projects or employment opportunities by Listing Companies.
- Oakhouse shall bear no responsibility for any trouble that may arise between members on the provided SNS Service, trouble that may arise between a Listing Company and a Member regarding realization of Member-targeted projects, or any other trouble that may arise on Oakhouse applications between Members and/or Listing Companies. If such a case arises in which there is a dispute between Members or between a Member and a Listing Company and Oakhouse must handle the dispute, the Member is held responsible for any damages or fees incurred (including reasonable legal expenditures).
- The Member agrees that Oakhouse bears no liability to compensate the Member for any loss or damages (including mental pain, damage to job-seeking or employment activities, and monetary damages) that may arise due to 1) use or inability to use the Service, 2) improper access or improper change to information, 3) actions of other Members using the Service, 4) fraud by a third party, or 5) any and all other causes that may arise in connection with the Service.
- Even in a case where Oakhouse is responsible for damages, Oakhouse’s liability shall not exceed damages directly sustained by the Member, and shall not bear responsibility for losses caused by special or unavoidable circumstances (including foreseeable and unforeseeable losses), except if Oakhouse has been willfully or grossly negligent.
Article 13 (Temporary suspension of Service due to maintenance works)
- The User agrees in advance that Oakhouse may, without any prior warning or consent, temporarily suspend the Services in case of any of the following:
- When performing maintenance on the servers, making changes to the Services, or fixing faults in the system
- Services have become difficult or impossible to continue providing whether due to force majeure or the possibility of such force, or reason due to change in law or new law
- Other cases in which Oakhouse has been forced to deem it necessary to suspend Service temporarily
- Oakhouse shall not bear responsibility for any delay in Member response to Member-targeted projects, inviting, or sending of other Member information in any of the cases defined above.
Article 14 (Transfer of rights and obligations)
- Members may not assign or least rights or obligations based on this Agreement to a third party without written consent from Oakhouse.
- In the case where duties regarding the Service are to be transferred to a third party for reason of succession or other, in concurrence with the transfer and succession, Oakhouse may transfer duties and rights outlined in this Agreement as well as other information to the third party, and the Member shall agree to the transfer.
Article 15 (Confidentiality)
The member, in regards to information on the Service handled as private or unlisted, shall not disclose secrets to a third party except with expressly written permission from Oakhouse.
Article 16 (Separability)
- Even in the case where a part of the provisions in these Agreements are judged to be invalid on legal grounds, the remaining provisions of these Agreements shall remain valid.
- Even in the case where a part of the provisions in these Agreements are judged to be invalid or are canceled in relation to a Member, the provisions in these Agreements shall remain valid in regard to other Members.
Article 17 (Remuneration)
Members earn remuneration on the Service provided by Oakhouse in the form of PAO points as defined in the Separate Provisions.
Article 18 (Points Usage)
- Members can use the Oakhouse home page to check the points they have earned as remuneration.
- Members can use part or all of their points toward rental fee or initial fees at a PAO-accepting house operated by Oakhouse at a rate of 1 PAO = 1 yen by making an application to Oakhouse.
- If the Member makes an application to use the PAO points toward rental fees at a PAO-accepting house operated by Oakhouse, an application to use the points can be made by the 15th of the current month.
- After Oakhouse has processed the application the Member will receive a PAO usage notice via the Oakhouse web site, and a part or whole of the PAO points will be applied to fees of the following month.
- PAO point use applications made after the 16th of the current month will be applied 2 months after the current month.
- PAO points earned by non-resident Members upon registering as an Oak Fellows can be used in part or in whole toward fees when moving in to a PAO-accepting house, and cannot be used or transferred for any other purpose.
Article 19 (Duration of validity of PAO points)
PAO points the Member has earned through the use of the Service shall have a period of validity lasting 1 year from the day the PAO is earned, after which they shall be cancelled. As a result, when using points, the points will be applied from the oldest earned point. However, PAO points earned by non-resident Members upon registering as an Oak Fellows shall have a period of validity of 6 months, after which they will be cancelled.
Article 20 (Exchange into cash of PAO points)
- A portion of earned PAO points can be exchanged for cash by submitting a cash-exchange application.
- PAO that can be exchanged into cash
- PAO earned through Oak Agent activities
- PAO earned through Oak Pro activities
- PAO earned as points back through the FIX Plan contract program
- PAO that cannot be exchanged into cash
- PAO earned through methods other than those listed above
- PAO that can be exchanged into cash
- In the following cases only, Members may submit an application to exchange PAO points into cash.
- When a Resident Member living in a PAO-accepting house transfers from the PAO-accepting house to a non-PAO-accepting house
- When a Resident Member living in a PAO-accepting house moves out of the PAO-accepting house and becomes a non-resident Member
- When a Resident Member living in a non-PAO accepting house moves out of the non-PAO-accepting house and becomes a non-resident Member
- When the Member is a non-resident
- If a Member corresponds to one of the sub-clauses above, and wishes to exchange their PAO points into cash, the Member must make a cash-exchange application on the Oakhouse website. If the cash exchange is to be made via foreign remittance, the Member must bear any associated transfer fees.
- If a non-resident Member moves into and shares a room with a resident Member that lives in a PAO-accepting house, the PAO points can be transferred to the resident Member of a PAO-accepting house.
- The transfer of PAO points can only be made when moving into a room to be shared with another person and the person to whom the PAO points are to be transferred is the main contract holder.
- If a non-resident Member wishes to carry out the point transfer described in the previous clauses, they must make a point transfer application on the Oakhouse website.
Article 21 (Governing laws and jurisdiction)
- These Agreements shall be governed by and interpreted under the laws of Japan.
- If any legal dispute arises between Oakhouse and the Member regarding the Services, the Tokyo District Court shall have first and exclusive jurisdiction, and the parties pledge not to file appeals in any other jurisdiction.
Revised 9/26/2017 (adopted 9/26/2017)
Revised 7/1/2018 (adopted 7/1/2018)
Revised 4/26/2019 (adopted 5/8/2019)
Revised 8/1/2020 (adopted 8/1/2020)
[Separate Provisions 1]
The following provisions for “Oak Bloggers” as pertains to the Services are listed as follows (hereafter, “Oak Blogger Provisions”).
Article 1 (Definitions)
Oak Blogger is an Oak Fellows whose registered Membership is limited to Oakhouse residents and who has registered as an Oak Blogger and writes a blog hosted on the Oakhouse website (oakhouse.jp) regarding their lifestyle in their PAO-accepting share house and earns PAO per posting.
Article 2 (Qualifications)
- Members who can become Oak Bloggers are limited to those who live in a PAO-accepting house.
- The Oak Blogger shall register as an Oak Blogger via the form on the Oakhouse website, and only when Oakhouse has confirmed the registration shall the Oak Blogger be able to write the blog.
- The Oak Blogger must provide and list a profile picture showing their face (or similar picture), as well as a profile (name, occupation, etc.) on the Oakhouse website.
Article 3 (Contents of Duties)
- The Oak Blogger is obligated to create posts and content to be posted on the Oakhouse website (oakhouse.jp) about living in the share house.
- One blog post as mentioned in the previous clause must be over 400 words with at least 1 picture.
- The blog postings as in 1 above must be of a positive nature regarding the share house operated by Oakhouse and contain contents promoting the marketing of Oakhouse.
- The Oak Blogger shall turn in their posts as described above in 1 with a link to either the top page of Oakhouse or a page within the Oakhouse domain.
- The blog posts as in 1 above shall be written at a page of at least 1 per week, for a total of at least 4 per month.
- Even if more than 1 post is uploaded in 1 day, it will only count as 1 toward the total required.
Article 4 (Remuneration)
- As remuneration for the blog posts written by the Oak Blogger as in the previous article, the Oak Blogger shall receive 2,000 PAO points per month of posts publicly listed on the Oakhouse blog.
- Oakhouse shall only grant the PAO points to the Oak Blogger if all the conditions listed in the previous article are fulfilled.
Article 5 (Ending as a result of moving out)
In the case where the Oak Blogger moves out of the PAO-accepting share house operated by Oakhouse, Oak Blogger registration will end.
[Separate Provisions 2]
The following provisions for “Social App Sponsors” as pertains to the Services are listed as follows (hereafter, “Social App Provisions”).
Article 1 (Definitions)
- “Social App” is an event, lecture, or workshop held at a PAO-accepting facility operated and managed by Oakhouse in which a Member provides a skill or service to residents living in a facility operated by Oakhouse, and receives remuneration for their services directly from the users.
- “Social App Sponsor” is a Member whose Membership is limited to Oakhouse residents who can use their skills or talents to hold a Social App for other Members.
Article 2 (Qualifications)
- Members who can become Social App Sponsors are limited to resident Members of a PAO-accepting house, or a non-resident Member.
- Social App Sponsors must register their Social App via the designated form on the Oakhouse website, and when the registration has been approved, the Social App Sponsor can hold their Social App.
- Social App Sponsors must provide a picture with their face (or a picture that conforms to such) and profile (name, occupation, etc.) to list on the Oakhouse website.
Article 3 (Contents of duties)
- Social App Sponsors are obligated to carry out Social Apps at PAO-accepting houses operated by Oakhouse.
- Social App Sponsors create a blog to promote the Social App they carry out at facilities operated by Oakhouse (hereafter, “Social App Blog”).
- Social App Blogs shall contain at least 400 words and 1 photograph per post.
- Social App Sponsors shall deliver the Social App Blog to be displayed on the Oakhouse Website on the top page and subpages.
- Social Apps must be of some advantage to residents who take part in it.
- Social App Blog posts must contain contents that affirmatively value of the facility operated by Oakhouse and promote the marketing of Oakhouse.
Article 4 (Remuneration)
- Social App Sponsors can receive remuneration directly from Social App users (hereafter “participants”) for the service provided by the carrying out of the Social App by the Social App Sponsor.
Article 5 (Exemptions)
When carrying out the Social App, the Social App Sponsor shall heed the following.
- Communications between the Social App Sponsor and Social App participants shall be handled directly by the parties involved, and Oakhouse shall not be involved.
- In the case where there is a participation fee, the handling of such fees shall be handled directly between the Social App Sponsor and the Participant. Oakhouse shall not be involved.
- Even in a case in which the Social App contents differ from the announcement, Oakhouse bears no responsibility.
- If there is any damage to do the facility operated by Oakhouse caused by the Social App Sponsor or Participants, the Social App Sponsor and the Participant bear responsibility for the damages.
- Oakhouse bears no responsibility even in a case in which there is an accident with the Social App Sponsor or Participant during the carrying out of the Social App.
- If there is any trouble that occurs in relation to the carrying out of the Social App, it shall be resolved between the Social App Sponsor and the Participant directly. Oakhouse bears no responsibility for resolving issues between Social App Sponsors and Participants, nor for acting as an agent, mediator, or arbitrator.
Article 6 (Ending as a result of moving out)
When a Social App Sponsor moves out of a PAO-accepting house, their Social App Sponsor registration shall end.
[Separate Provisions 3]
The following are provisions decided regarding “Oak Pro” within the Services. (hereafter, “Oak Pro Provisions”)
Article 1 (Definitions)
- “Oak Pro” is a Member who has registered as an Oak Pro and who can receive employment information or temporary work requests provided by Oakhouse or Listing Companies on the Oakhouse website.
Article 2 (Qualifications)
- Any Member can use the designated form on the Oakhouse website to register as an Oak Pro.
Article 3 (Duties)
- Regarding duties requested of the Oak Pro by Oakhouse, both parties shall form a separate subcontracting agreement. Duties of the request and remuneration thereof shall be decided in the separate subcontracting agreement.
- Regarding employment or work information provided by a Listing Company, communications will take place directly between the Listing Company and the Oak Pro. Oakhouse shall not be involved.
Article 4 (Remuneration)
- Oakhouse shall award PAO points or cash as remuneration for duties performed as described in the subcontracting agreement in Section 1 of the previous article.
- Regarding employment or work information provided by a Listing Company, agreements shall occur directly between the Listing Company and the Oak Pro.
Article 5 (Exemptions)
Oak Pro and Listing Company shall heed the following.
- Regarding employment or work information provided by a Listing Company, communication shall be directly between the Listing Company and the Oak Pro. Oakhouse shall not be involved.
- Oakhouse bears no responsibility for employment or work information provided by Listing Companies that may differ from the presented version.
- Regarding employment or work information provided by a Listing Company, in the case that any trouble arises, it shall be settled between the Listing Company and the Oak Pro. Oakhouse bears no responsibility for any trouble that may arise between Oak Pro and Listing Company, nor for acting as an agent, mediator, or arbitrator.
- In the case of copyright of contents provided to Oakhouse by the Oak Pro (including created items and design data), copyright shall be attributable to Oakhouse.
[Separate Provisions 4]
Provisions regarding “Oak Agent” on the Services are defined as follows. (hereafter “Oak Agent”)
Article 1 (Definitions)
- “Oak Agent” is a non-resident that has registered as an Oak Agent and who introduces new residents who wish to move in to a PAO-accepting house operated by Oakhouse to Oakhouse, and receives PAO points upon a successful referral and move-in.
Article 2 (Qualifications)
- There are 2 types of Oak Agents: “Individual Member” and “Corporate Member”, and Members with corporate rights are “Corporate Members”, while all others are distinguished as “Individual Members”.
- Members who can become “Individual Member” Oak Agents are limited to Members living in a PAO-accepting house, or non-resident Members.
- After an Oak Agent has registered as such through the designated form on the Oakhouse website, once Oakhouse has confirmed the registration, the Oak Agent shall be able to carry out Oak Agent activities.
Article 3 (Duties)
- Oak Agents are obligated to introduce potential residents to PAO-accepting houses operated by Oakhouse.
- Oak Agents can invite users to PAO-accepting houses operated by Oakhouse directly (via conversation, e-mail, etc.), through data media owned or used by the Oak Agent (blog, SNS, website, etc.), sending information and performing marketing activities.
- Contents for the marketing activities described in the previous Section must affirmatively value the facility operated by Oakhouse and promote the marketing of Oakhouse.
Article 4 (Introduction Form)
- The introduction form issued to each Oak Agent by Oakhouse are unique registration forms, and the Oak Agent can by distinguished by the form filled out by a new potential resident introduced to a house operated by Oakhouse through the Oak Agent.
- Only 1 form can be used per person, and a form cannot be used to register multiple times. .
Article 5 (Use of introduction forms)
- There are 2 ways to use the coupon codes described in the previous Article.
- When introducing directly
- The Oak Agent issues an introduction form via the Oakhouse Website, and gives it to the introduced person planning to move in.
- The introduced person planning to move in to a house operated by Oakhouse registers as an Oak Fellows via the form in previous clause (a), and from this it can be determined that the new potential resident was introduced by the Oak Agent to Oakhouse.
- When introducing to the Oakhouse Website from announcement media as described in Article 3 Section 2
- Use the dedicated HTML tag (affiliate link) which contains the link to the Oakhouse website.
- When a potential new resident visits the Oakhouse website via the link in the previous clause (a) it is possible to determine that the potential resident has been introduced by the particular Oak Agent.
- When introducing directly
Article 6 (Remuneration)
- Oakhouse gives PAO points to the Oak Agent as remuneration for duties performed when introducing new residents to a house operated by Oakhouse, as described in Article 3.
- PAO points are granted to the Oak Agent by Oakhouse when the new potential resident moves in to a PAO-accepting Oakhouse house, and once the move-in has been registered in the Oakhouse system.
- The PAO points given to the Oak Agent as remuneration change depending on each house and time period. Each Oak Agent can confirm possible points per house and period on the Oakhouse website.
- The Oak Agent can use points as detailed in Article 18 of the main Articles.
- Only Corporate Oak Agents and Individual Oak Agents who are not Oakhouse residents are also able to request to Oakhouse for conversion of held points to cash at a rate of 1 PAO = 1 yen.
- When Oakhouse receives the request described in the previous section and confirms it, and the Individual Oak Agent is not an Oakhouse resident, the payment shall be made to the account registered by the Oak Fellows on the 10th day of a month 1 month after the request has been made. For corporate Oak Agents, the payment shall be made on the 10th day 2 months after a request has been made.
Article 7 (Exemptions)
Oak Agents shall heed the following.
- In regard to Oakhouse information provided by the Oak Agent, in the case of any trouble, the Oak Agent shall work to solve the problem with the potential new resident. Oakhouse bears no responsibility for any trouble that may arise between the Oak Agent and the potential new resident, nor for acting as an agent, mediator, or arbitrator.
- PAO points transferred to cash may be subject to tax declaration.
[Separate Provisions 5]
The following provisions for “Oak Memories” as pertains to the Services are listed as follows (hereafter, “Oak Memories Provisions”).
Article 1 (Definitions)
- “Oak Memories” is an Oak House Service whose Membership is limited to residents of an Oakhouse PAO-accepting house and those who have registered for Oak Memories and posts pictures and videos hosted on the Oakhouse website (oakhouse.jp) and its relevant SNS accounts regarding their lifestyle in the share house and earns PAO points per posting.
Article 2 (Qualifications)
- Members who can use the Oak Memories service are limited to those who live in PAO-accepting houses.
- Oak Memories users must register as such from the Oakhouse website, and when their registration is approved, users may begin to post pictures and videos.
- Oak Memories users agree to create a public profile (nickname, house name, etc.).
Article 3 (Contents of Activities)
- Oak Memories Users are obligated to upload photos or videos to be posted on the Oakhouse website (oakhouse.jp) about living in the share house.
- Each photo or video post must consist of 1 picture and a description within 140 characters.
- Photo or video posts as described above must be of a positive nature regarding the share house operated by Oakhouse and be usable for Oakhouse marketing purposes.
- Oak Memories photo/video posts shall have a link to either the top page of Oakhouse or a page within the Oakhouse domain.
- An Oak Memories photo or video post that is approved by the moderator shall be counted as 1 upload.
Article 4 (Remuneration)
- Oakhouse shall issue 100 PAO points to the Oak Memories user for each approved photo or video upload that adheres to the previous guidelines. However, the maximum amount of PAO earnable in 1 month shall be 2,500.
- PAO shall only be issued for submitted photo/video posts that adhere to all previous guidelines.
- Oakhouse may designate limited time periods in which registered Oak Memories users can earn more PAO per photo/video than described above.
Article 5 (End of registration after moving out)
If the Oak Memories user moves out of the PAO-accepting house, their Oak Memories registration will be cancelled.
Separate Provisions 6
Rules regarding “AppBox” within this App are defined below. (hereafter “AppBox regulations”)
Article 1 (definition of terms)
- “AppBox” is the smartphone application program provided by Oakhouse. (Hereafter “the App”)
Article 2 (Use of The App)
- The User registers and manages the information they provide when registering to use the App (hereafter “registered information”; including e-mail address, password, etc.) of their own volition and responsibility.
- When the registered password has been used with the App, Oakhouse shall deem it as being used by the User who registered for use, and the User bears all responsibility for any result that occurs from the use.
- In the case that damages have been caused to Oakhouse or a third party due to improper use of the password, the User shall compensate Oakhouse or third party for said damages.
- The User is responsible for the management of the registered information, and Oakhouse bears no responsibility for any losses or damages that may incur to the User due to improprieties or falsification in the registered information.
- Oakhouse may view all User contents in the App (including all posts, edits, and data sent to the App for use of its functions) when necessary for operations, and in the case that Oakhouse determines that the contents conflict with these regulations, etc., Oakhouse may delete or delist all or part of the contents in question without advance notice to the User.
- There may be cases where links to external websites or contents are provided in the App; and Oakhouse bears no responsibility in the case of any damages that may arise due to the websites or contents.
Article 3 (User information)
User information will not be sent or shared with a third party, except in the following cases:
- When connecting to another service or application operated and/or managed by Oakhouse
- When the User applies to attend an event
- When obligated to provide the information by law to a subcontractor for outsourced duties
Article 4 (Copyright)
- In the case where copyright is applicable to contents that the Member has provided to Oakhouse, the copyright for the copyrightable item shall be reserved by the Member. In such case, Oakhouse can use Contents made public on the services on the Oakhouse website un-exclusively worldwide free of charge for purposes of promotion, smooth provision of services, improvement, maintenance, or other actions necessary for management of the services (including second-party use and third-party use designated by Oakhouse). Also, the Member shall not exercise author’s personal rights over use of the contents by a third party designated by Oakhouse as listed in this Article.
- Oakhouse can use all contents provided to Oakhouse by the Member to Oakhouse un-exclusively worldwide free of charge after taking measures required by Oakhouse to prevent the identification of personal data or
Article 5 (Prohibited User conduct)
The User shall not perform the following actions in the course of use of the App. In the case of such action, or when Oakhouse determines that there is a possibility of such actions, Oakhouse may implement measures to prevent transmission (deletion or delisting). The User may also be banned from using the service. Oakhouse bears no responsibility for any damages that may be incurred by the User as a result of the measures implemented in this Article.
- Soliciting the exchange of personal information (email address, telephone number, user ID on other chat applications or SNS outside this App) for the purpose of meeting on a 1-on-1 basis
- Fraudulent use of another person’s name or information when listing a post, etc.
- All actions done with the intent to meet with a person for the purpose of sexual activity
- Defamation, threatening, harassment, stalking, or other types of behavior toward another person
- Other actions judged by Oakhouse to be inappropriate
Article 6 (Oakhouse exemptions)
- The use of all information provided within the App shall be used at the User’s responsibility, and Oakhouse shall not bear connection or responsibility for loss, trouble, lawsuits, etc. incurred by the User regarding use of the information.
- In the event that it is deemed necessary by Oakhouse, Oakhouse may cease all or part of the App without prior notice to the User. In such case, Oakhouse bears no responsibility for any damages or losses incurred by the User.
- Oakhouse shall not guarantee that the App is free from bugs or errors, and Oakhouse bears no responsibility even in the hypothetical case that the User incurs any damages or loss due to continued inability to provide the App due to bugs or errors.
- Oakhouse may alter or discontinue a part or all of the App without prior notice to the User, and Oakhouse bears no responsibility in the event that the User incurs loss or damage due to the change or discontinuing of the App.
- Oakhouse bears no responsibility for the contents from any link followed to an outside source from the App.
- In the event that there has been unauthorized changes made to the App, or improper access to data in the App, or other improper actions such as computer virus injection, etc., Oakhouse bears no responsibility for any loss or damage incurred by the User as a result of such actions.
Article 7 (Usage of cooperating services)
- The User may follow links placed in App by Oakhouse that lead to third-party sites and services provided by a third party (hereafter “cooperating services). In such case, the User shall follow the usage agreements of those cooperating services in the use of said services..
- The User shall use the cooperating services with the understanding that they are not provided by Oakhouse, and any inquiries as to the display, handling of goods, or purchase of cooperating services shall be handled by the third party providing said services.
- Oakhouse bears no responsibility for any damages incurred by the User due to use of or inability to use the provided services (including damages resulting in a dispute between the User and the third party).
Résidences vues récemment