Answering your Share houses questions! Q&A
Oakhouse staff and actual residents answer questions and concerns about Share houses.
We would love to answer your questions too!
answers your Share houses questions
Q. Can 2 people live in a room?
A. Yes, depending on the room type!
If you live in a single room or apartment, you can have 1 person over (2 people total, including person on the contract)! (though not at some houses)
Some houses are "women only" or "non-smokers only", so in that case only people who fit that description can live there.
If they are going to stay over 3 nights in a month, there will be an extra charge of 20,000 yen per month.
The person will need to fill out their information on the contract and bring a copy of their photo ID.
Person who answers the questions
Oakhouse Co., Ltd. : Oakey
Nickname: Oakey Real Name: Oak Goldschmidt
Born in 1985 in Yokosuka, where his father worked at the military base there.
Grew up in Japan until age 8, then moved to America at age 9.
At age 27, he got a renewed interest in Japan, wanted to live there again, and moved to Tokyo.
Met a lot of Oakhouse people through his girlfriend and has become something like an Oakhouse expert since then.
- Q.Is there any inspection required to move in to a share house?
- Q.Can I have my friend or boyfriend/girlfriend over?
- Q.Is there a way to get initial fees lower?
- Q.I like traveling, and I would like to move in and out every few months or so. Is that possible?
- Q.Do we pay for utilties every month?
- Q.Is living at a share house stressful?
- Q.Dating another resident?
- Q.Problems between share house residents?
- Q.I'm looking for a share house. What's a good company?
- Q.Share house marriage?
- Q.Is it easy to save money while living at a share house?
- Q.Can 2 people live in a room?
- Q.What do I need to move in?
Ranking of what people want to know about Share houses