Answering your Share houses questions! Q&A
Oakhouse staff and actual residents answer questions and concerns about Share houses.
We would love to answer your questions too!
answers your Share houses questions
Q. I like traveling, and I would like to move in and out every few months or so. Is that possible?
I travel a lot so there may be long periods of time where I am not in Japan.
It would be wasteful to have to pay rent during the time I'm not there, so can I cancel a contract and then form another one when I come back?
A. Yes, that's possible!
Oakhouse contract minimum length is 1 month.
There are 3 types of contracts: between 1 to 6 months (certain houses excluded), 1, or 2 years.
Moving out requires advance notice of 14 days for dormitories and 1 month for other types, so contact us as soon as possible when you know you will be moving out.
A lot of our residents and managers love traveling too!
Maybe you can get good travel information and make travel friends at your share house!
Person who answers the questions
Oakhouse Co., Ltd. : Oakey
Nickname: Oakey Real Name: Oak Goldschmidt
Born in 1985 in Yokosuka, where his father worked at the military base there.
Grew up in Japan until age 8, then moved to America at age 9.
At age 27, he got a renewed interest in Japan, wanted to live there again, and moved to Tokyo.
Met a lot of Oakhouse people through his girlfriend and has become something like an Oakhouse expert since then.
- Q.Is there any inspection required to move in to a share house?
- Q.Can I have my friend or boyfriend/girlfriend over?
- Q.Is there a way to get initial fees lower?
- Q.I like traveling, and I would like to move in and out every few months or so. Is that possible?
- Q.Do we pay for utilties every month?
- Q.Is living at a share house stressful?
- Q.Dating another resident?
- Q.Problems between share house residents?
- Q.I'm looking for a share house. What's a good company?
- Q.Share house marriage?
- Q.Is it easy to save money while living at a share house?
- Q.Can 2 people live in a room?
- Q.What do I need to move in?
Ranking of what people want to know about Share houses