Answering your Share houses questions! Q&A
Oakhouse staff and actual residents answer questions and concerns about Share houses.
We would love to answer your questions too!
answers your Share houses questions
Q. Can I have my friend or boyfriend/girlfriend over?
I want to invite my friend or boyfriend/girlfriend over to the house. Is that okay?
Also, can they stay overnight?
If you live in a single room or apartment, you can have 1 person over (2 people total, including person on the contract)! (though not at some houses)
If they are going to stay more than 3 nights in a month, there will be an extra charge of 20,000 yen per month, same as a 2-person contract.
However, if they are just going to come visit in the lounge (again, some houses excluded), it's fine and they can come visit!
Some houses are "women only" or "non-smokers only", so in that case only people who fit that description can visit.
Also, you can invite people to various Oakhouse events, depending on the house.
Even if they are not allowed to spend the night, please feel free to invite your friend, boyfriend or girlfriend, or family to visit or join in events!
Person who answers the questions
Oakhouse Co., Ltd. : Oakey
Nickname: Oakey Real Name: Oak Goldschmidt
Born in 1985 in Yokosuka, where his father worked at the military base there.
Grew up in Japan until age 8, then moved to America at age 9.
At age 27, he got a renewed interest in Japan, wanted to live there again, and moved to Tokyo.
Met a lot of Oakhouse people through his girlfriend and has become something like an Oakhouse expert since then.
- Q.Is there any inspection required to move in to a share house?
- Q.Can I have my friend or boyfriend/girlfriend over?
- Q.Is there a way to get initial fees lower?
- Q.I like traveling, and I would like to move in and out every few months or so. Is that possible?
- Q.Do we pay for utilties every month?
- Q.Is living at a share house stressful?
- Q.Dating another resident?
- Q.Problems between share house residents?
- Q.I'm looking for a share house. What's a good company?
- Q.Share house marriage?
- Q.Is it easy to save money while living at a share house?
- Q.Can 2 people live in a room?
- Q.What do I need to move in?
Ranking of what people want to know about Share houses
TokyoMetro-Chiyoda line / Ayase 5minutes
Move in conditions： Female Male Foreigner
- Bicycle parking
- Theater room
Rooms for 2 or more available
¥35,000 - ¥82,000 Vacancy
Beat COVID-19! Campaign
10~29 30~49 Over 50