Answering your Share houses questions! Q&A
Oakhouse staff and actual residents answer questions and concerns about Share houses.
We would love to answer your questions too!
answers your Share houses questions
Q. What do I need to move in?
Are there any documents, items, etc I need to bring when I move in?
A. You will need the following:
Copy of a photo ID, official seal (if you have one), and house slippers (if you have them).
The house will have furniture, appliances, and kitchenware, so you can move in with just your luggage!
*The following fees apply for those purchasing bedding set.
Bedding set (pillow/comforter/pillowcase/bed sheets/comforter cover): 13,000 yen
If you require a bed set, please let us know before moving in.
Person who answers the questions
Oakhouse Co., Ltd. : Oakey
Nickname: Oakey Real Name: Oak Goldschmidt
Born in 1985 in Yokosuka, where his father worked at the military base there.
Grew up in Japan until age 8, then moved to America at age 9.
At age 27, he got a renewed interest in Japan, wanted to live there again, and moved to Tokyo.
Met a lot of Oakhouse people through his girlfriend and has become something like an Oakhouse expert since then.
- Q.Is there any inspection required to move in to a share house?
- Q.Can I have my friend or boyfriend/girlfriend over?
- Q.Is there a way to get initial fees lower?
- Q.I like traveling, and I would like to move in and out every few months or so. Is that possible?
- Q.Do we pay for utilties every month?
- Q.Is living at a share house stressful?
- Q.Dating another resident?
- Q.Problems between share house residents?
- Q.I'm looking for a share house. What's a good company?
- Q.Share house marriage?
- Q.Is it easy to save money while living at a share house?
- Q.Can 2 people live in a room?
- Q.What do I need to move in?