Answering your Share houses questions! Q&A
Oakhouse staff and actual residents answer questions and concerns about Share houses.
We would love to answer your questions too!
answers your Share houses questions
Q. Is there any inspection required to move in to a share house?
I want to live in a share house.
What kind of requirements or inspection is there before I move in?
A. We have these kinds of inspection.
Mainly, we check during the room viewing, check the contents of the application form, or by a telephone call.
We check the name, birth date, nationality, employment, and other information such as ability to pay rent, issues with previous rentals, mental health history, criminal history, and possibility of connection to anti-social forces.
An emergency contact is required, and we contact them before you move in.
Also, if we discover any falsehood on the contract after you move in, your contract will be canceled regardless of contract period.
One of the advantages is that you don’t need a guarantor like you do with most rental companies!
Person who answers the questions
Oakhouse Co., Ltd. : Oakey
Nickname: Oakey Real Name: Oak Goldschmidt
Born in 1985 in Yokosuka, where his father worked at the military base there.
Grew up in Japan until age 8, then moved to America at age 9.
At age 27, he got a renewed interest in Japan, wanted to live there again, and moved to Tokyo.
Met a lot of Oakhouse people through his girlfriend and has become something like an Oakhouse expert since then.
- Q.Is there any inspection required to move in to a share house?
- Q.Can I have my friend or boyfriend/girlfriend over?
- Q.Is there a way to get initial fees lower?
- Q.I like traveling, and I would like to move in and out every few months or so. Is that possible?
- Q.Do we pay for utilties every month?
- Q.Is living at a share house stressful?
- Q.Dating another resident?
- Q.Problems between share house residents?
- Q.I'm looking for a share house. What's a good company?
- Q.Share house marriage?
- Q.Is it easy to save money while living at a share house?
- Q.Can 2 people live in a room?
- Q.What do I need to move in?
Ranking of what people want to know about Share houses
- No.1 Is there any inspection required to move in to a share house?
- No.2 I like traveling, and I would like to move in and out every few months or so. Is that possible?
- No.3 Can I have my friend or boyfriend/girlfriend over?
- No.4 Is it easy to save money while living at a share house?
- No.5 Do we pay for utilties every month?