Answering your Share houses questions! Q&A
Oakhouse staff and actual residents answer questions and concerns about Share houses.
We would love to answer your questions too!
answers your Share houses questions
Q. Is there a way to get initial fees lower?
I would like to lower the amount of initial fees.
Is there a good way to do this?
A. At Oakhouse, the initial fees are the "contract fee" (handling fee) and the 1st month of rent (if moving in by the 20th of the month, the 1st month rent calculated daily/ if moving in after the 21st of the month, the 1st month rent calculated daily plus the following month rent).
However, depending on the house and time, we have special campaigns that offer great deals on initial fees or monthly rent!
Ex: "contract fee free", "discount for X months", etc.
For campaign information, either check out our website (http://www.oakhouse.jp/) or contact the Information Center (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Also, we have "Smart Membership program" which gives you monthly rent discount by making a deposit.(http://www.oakhouse.jp/smart).
There are no discounts on contract fees, but you will get rent discount monthly. For example, you could get up to 20,000 yen off your monthly rent (or 40,000 at SR Haijima only)!
Person who answers the questions
Oakhouse Co., Ltd. : Oakey
Nickname: Oakey Real Name: Oak Goldschmidt
Born in 1985 in Yokosuka, where his father worked at the military base there.
Grew up in Japan until age 8, then moved to America at age 9.
At age 27, he got a renewed interest in Japan, wanted to live there again, and moved to Tokyo.
Met a lot of Oakhouse people through his girlfriend and has become something like an Oakhouse expert since then.
- Q.Is there any inspection required to move in to a share house?
- Q.Can I have my friend or boyfriend/girlfriend over?
- Q.Is there a way to get initial fees lower?
- Q.I like traveling, and I would like to move in and out every few months or so. Is that possible?
- Q.Do we pay for utilties every month?
- Q.Is living at a share house stressful?
- Q.Dating another resident?
- Q.Problems between share house residents?
- Q.I'm looking for a share house. What's a good company?
- Q.Share house marriage?
- Q.Is it easy to save money while living at a share house?
- Q.Can 2 people live in a room?
- Q.What do I need to move in?
Ranking of what people want to know about Share houses